Saturday, February 20, 2010

Advance copy received

My advance copy of the book finally arrived yesterday.

The good: the cover in real life looks way better than how it appears on a web page.  The color and cyan highlights inside the book look great and really help readability.  The book has really matured - more recommendations and guidelines are evidence based.  Lots of new/recent references.  A few critical imaging studies have been added.

The not-so-good:  It is 1/3 inch thicker than the 6th edition.  I checked it with dummy books before we went to press - so I knew about how it would be.  But it is thick!  However, it still easily slides it into my white coat pocket.  I seriously need to go on an information diet!

1 comment:

  1. regarding the width of this book, all the more reason to have an iphone/mobile platform for this resource! I really look forward to purchasig a bundle or combo pack of sorts in which i get a hard copy of the book for my shelf, and a portable copy for my iphone which takes advantage of multitouch and powerful processors to allow for easy access and interaction with the information. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete